Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lockdown: Updated count

By Nate Sandstrom

After blowing the Eagles-Giants game big-time last week, it looks like I am hanging up the "lock" predictions for the season (though I'll take the points in my pool in both games this weekend). I'm not sure if Mark will have any picks this weekend.

It looks like we both finish up for the year on the 100 per game system that avoids exotic bets (i.e. parlays, teasers, etc.) We both fought off mid-season swoons, with Mark closing with eight straight wins ATS and me finishing 9-2-1 ATS.

Here's a look at the final count for those keeping count at home:

ATS
Nate: 27-21-2 (+390)
Mark: 17-10 (+600)

Money line upsets:
Nate: 4-11 (+170)
Mark: 1-5 (-190)

Hey, you can't picks like these for free everywhere.

So, what else is in the news?

You'll probably hear even less from me than you have been in the less month into March, I'm switching to full basketball, hockey and baseball mode. See you at spring practices and the draft!

Oh, heck, one more prediction. Josh McDaniels were be nearly as bad a hire for Denver as Gene Chizik was Iowa State (FYI: Chizik went 5-19, 2-14 in the Big 12 and lost to an FCS team during his two-year tenure in Ames).

No comments: