Saturday, November 3, 2007

Lockdown Saturday

Alright, this is the day I've been waiting for since last year. Wisconsin at Ohio State.

Now, as I dreamed of this day, I was expecting Wisconsin to be undefeated not the Buckeyes. But if the Badgers win today and against Michigan next week, I would still rate 2007 a quality season.

Will they do that? Their defense will decide. I think if they can finish +2 in the turnover ratio they can win. The defense had their first good game against a team with a good offense against Indiana last week.

I think the first quarter will be key. The defense needs to come up with stops the first two drives and build confidence.

The Badgers have won three straight in Columbus. I don't know if anyone has ever won four in a row in the Horseshoe. But I'm a homer, and this week's upset special is Wisconsin (+550/+16) at Ohio State, winning 16-14.

Also at noon, Northwestern looks to get to bowl eligibility at home against Iowa. Northwestern has done well in this series in recent years, and I like that trend to continue against an injury-riddled Iowa team. Northwestern (-1) wins this one 24-10.


Texas heads to Oklahoma State, who, since getting embarrassed at Troy, has been playing great. I've consistently called Texas the most overrated team in the country, and I think they get exposed in Stillwater today. Oklahoma State (+3) pounds the 'horns 37-17.

The South Florida Bulls' season is on the line. They've gone from #2 in the country to a team with a two game losing streak. Today they get another team that's fallen from grace in Cincinnati, who had an embarrassing loss to Pitt. I think the Bulls were victimized by a hangover effect, but their defense will be too much for the Bearcats' O-line. South Florida (-5) wins it 28-14.

--NS

No comments: