Friday, August 22, 2008

Lockdown — Preseason Edition

By Nate Sandstrom

Time for the year's first lockdown pick. I know it's only preseason, but even we here at SoBo Football must get a tune-up. And what better weekend to pick than this one, when most teams play starters for a full half or more.

On the count of going through all the nuptials this month, I haven't watched much preseason football. So I'm going to pick the game involving the team I have really watched, the Washington Redskins.

Wahington (+3) at Carolina

The 'Skins (3-0) have been sharp thus far in the preseason and I expect more of the same. I'll give you more of a breakdown this evening, 'cause I got to head to my real job.

**Saturday a.m. update.

This is the 'Skins full dress rehearsal and I look for big things. Malcolm Kelly should explode on the scene in his first preseason game. Campbell seems really high on him. He's also really high on Cooley and we've seen him pile up stats.

Meanwhile, who is Carolina going to throw the ball to?

Prediction: Washington 20 Carolina 16

P.S. Watch this week for our announcement of the SoBo Lockdown Challenge, which will allow you to win a cool prize, like your favorite NFL team hat.

No comments: