Friday, November 21, 2008

Seven questions/thoughts/predictions

By Mark Goldman
Did Jim Fassel’s letter to Al Davis include a “Do you like me too? Check Yes or No” section?

You can email General Mangers? Why didn’t someone tell me this before?! I can’t wait to forward Ozzie the next time someone sends me an “Air Force One has been renamed The Soul Plane” email. (by the way, doesn't Savage look like a "special" guy who won some sort of "fan for a day" prize in that picture?)

Marvin Lewis is a bad coach. I thought for sure he’d be good and it appeared for a while that he’d turned the Bungles around, but I think he was just benefiting from some elite talent coming together at the right time. Kicking the field goal when you’re down 13 with six minutes to go and you’re inside the 10? Bad call. He doesn’t get any help from the fact that the front office there is out of their minds. That said, I don’t expect him to be fired this offseason.

We will never see an official 85 jersey that reads “OchoCinco.” Not because the NFL won’t allow it, but because the Bengals will trade Chad this offseason. Possibly to the Ravens for McCalister. And no way is Mason giving up his 85. It’s very possible that we see the name “OchoCinco” stitched above, say, 87. Now that would be awesome! Also, are the Bengals willing to admit they are complete morons for not taking Dan Snyder’s offer of two first round picks for Chad?

The Andy Reid/Donovan McNabb era is coming to a close. I’ve always felt that Philly didn’t appreciate what they had in McNabb. That he might not have been Tom Brady, but a quality, reliable QB is a blessing in the NFL. And four straight NFC championship games? What more can you ask for? I think Westbrook is going to rapidly decline soon as all RBs eventually do. I think McNabb will be out of town after this season. I think Andy Reid’s offense is going to struggle unless Kolb is extremely accurate and can deal with the pressure of no assistance from a running game?

I think there’s no way Polamalu isn’t the Defensive Player of the Year.

I think this is the funniest commercial I’ve seen in a while.

No comments: