Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mark's Week 4 Power Rankings

1. New York Football Giants - This is reluctant, but if I put my heart's true #1 pick (Buffalo), Nate will fire me. They're ranked 4th in total offense and 4th in total defense. For a defending champ, I have no choice but to put them in this slot.
2. Tennessee Titans - Who'd have thought a team would rally around a QB's supposed suicidal tendencies?!
3. Buffalo Bills - The legendary Tim Russert curse has been lifted?
4. Dallas Cowboys - Reports of their demise (and T.O.'s imminent implosion) are greatly exaggerated. The team played a bad game and had a crappy game plan. Apparently I didn't get the memo that they were supposed to go 16-0. They didn't run Barber enough and they tried to get too fancy with putting T.O. in the slot. They'll get back to their game if they know what's good for them.
5. D.C. - Will Jason Campbell be the next Eli Manning!
6. New England Patriots - I have to believe they're going to come off of the bye and completely destroy San Fran.
7. Philadelphia Eagles - I'm playing the odds here - putting all four NFC East teams in the top seven. One of them has got to be the true contender. I like the Eagles so long as Westbrook is healthy and Desean Jackson is in check.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers - I'm not even sure they're going to win the division any more. Plus, they're seriously injured right now. But I'll leave them up here for now because all you need in the NFL is a QB.
9. Carolina Panthers - Maybe the San Diego game wasn't a fluke after all
10. Chicago Bears - This division is wide open and I like defense
11. San Diego Chargers - I was going to put the Broncos ahead of them, but then I saw the Broncos are ranked 1st in total offense, 30th in total defense. In my opinion, defense - be it good or bad - is more consistent, meaning the broncos are likely to be more bad than good
12. Denver Broncos - They're ranked #1 in offense!
13. New Orleans Saints - Just another team that can score, but can't stop the scoring.
14. Baltimore Ravens - May have lost the game, but the injuries to Steelers may be a win. Damn you, Hines Ward!
15. Green Bay Packers - As long as Rodgers is healthy, they'll be fine. Vegas had clearly decreed that they would lose that game.
16. Indianapolis Colts - Holy crap! I made it to 16 without including the Colts?
17. Tampa Bay Bucs - I don't know what's going on here. Who's on this team? How are they 3-1? Ernest Graham, Brian Griese, Antonio Bryant? Ooooo, I'm shaking in my cleats.
18. Jacksonville Jaguars - My honorary week 5 second favorite team.
19. New York Jets - Still the 3rd best team in the division
20. Arizona Cardinals - So much for the two week stay on the east coast.
21. Minnesota Vikings - They're defense is overrated
22. Atlanta Falcons - 5 wins away from my prediction!
23. Miami Dolphins - I bet Mangini is so jealous he didn't do that to Belichik
24. Seattle Seahawks - They can't be as bad as they look so far.
25. San Francisco 49ers - Beware the Belichik wrath this week.
26. Oakland Raiders - I desperately wanted to put them last thanks to yesterday's debacle with Al Davis, but damn, there are just so many bad teams
27. Kansas City - At least they'll always have that home field
28. Houston Texans - First home game of the season coming up!
29. Cleveland Browns - Wow, Derek Anderson is completing 49% of his passes.
30. Detroit Lions - Finally fired Millen. So this season is a win no matter what happens from here.
31. Cincinnati Bengals - Trade Chad Johnson to Baltimore. (I love picturing Nate reading these)
32. Saint Louis - 30th in 31st in total defense. 32nd in points scored, 31st in points allowed. Wow.

No comments: