Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week 9 Jessup Lockdown

Believe it or not, I was planning on taking Duke in the upset special! Nate's already done that, so I'll have to switch up my game plan.

In order to break out of my funk, I'm also going different and doing an over/under this week:

Over (52.5) USC/Arizona
I don't believe USC's defense is as good as advertised. I think when they face a quality offense, they can be scored on, just as they were at Oregon State. I'm not saying they will give up 30, but I'm counting on them to give up at least 20 and then score 35.

Alabama (-5) at Tennessee
I expect Bama to slip up soon, but I don't see it happening here, against Tennesse's paltry offense. The Tide will get several takeaways and protect the ball. Bama 27, Tennessee 12

Tennessee (-4) vs. Indianapolis
Indy stinks. They beat the Ravens, that's it. Look for the Titans to roll all over them and knock Peyton Manning around like a ragdoll. Titans 24, Indy 12

Upset Special
St. Louis Rams +290 at New England
I'm not saying this because I suddenly believe in St. Louis under Jim Haslett. I'm saying it because I don't buy into New England. I believe they can be run on and Steven Jackson is going to have a big day. If the Rams' defense can sit on a safe cover 2 and keep Moss out of the game, they should be able to take this game. New England is just too injured. Rams 24, Pats 21

No comments: