Thursday, September 27, 2007

Does That Make Him Craaaaazy

Maybe it is my analytical English major mindset reading too much into this, but Samari Rolle may be about to pull a Barrett Robbins. Rolle came down with a sudden, undisclosed illness just before Sunday’s matchup against the Cardinals.

According Brian Billick, the medication that Rolle is now on to fight this illness has now caused him to be so lethargic that he has missed three practices and will not be active against the Browns this coming Sunday. It is known that some antidepressants have a lethargic effect. And when the coach uses the word “balance” when describing your medicine, it sounds like a red flag to me. Plus, Billick openly says that to tell anything specific would cause speculation and concern.

Read Billick’s quote for yourself and tell me what you think:

"It's evidently something that he is going to have to monitor for a while. I hesitate to make comparisons because everybody will go, 'Oh, my God, you mean he has ... ' No. But it takes medication, and you have to have the right balance. That's the best I can offer you."

This is pure speculation and I could be way off. However, Billick is known as a media savvy coach who knows what words to use and these words hint to me of some sort of non-traditional illness at the least.

1 comment:

Nate Sandstrom said...

I think your diagnosis is highly probable Dr. Goldman.

Blog Archive