Friday, September 28, 2007

Lockdown -- Week 4

I bounced back last week going 2-1, but I'm still looking for perfection.

Saturday
Purdue (-21.5) vs. Notre Dame
If you just bet against Notre Dame all year, you could retire by now. I'm coming late to the game, but better late than never. Curtis Painter has a 16/1 TD ratio, and the Irish should allow him to add to his impressive stats.
Purdue 45 Notre Dame 10

Sunday
Over 40 Baltimore/Cleveland. Baltimore has played in games with totals over 40 twice and Cleveland has each week. Plus, the Ravens are banged up. I'm calling for a total of 50.
Cleveland 27 Baltimore 23

Monday
New England (-7.5) at Cincinnati.
The Patriots have been the model of consistency. They have won 38-14, 38-14 and 38-7. The Bengals D has given up 20 points or more in each of their games. Uh-oh. Usually when games look this easy I go the other way, but I think people might just be putting too much stock into the Bengals being at home.
New England 45 Cincinnati 21

Upset Special (10-point or more dog to win)
Indiana (+365/+10.5) at Iowa
This is the second straight week when I would rather pick no upset special, but like I said then, it's a weekly feature.
The fact that the Hoosiers caught the Hawks off-guard last year makes me even more skeptical, but the Hawks have had two narrow losses in a row and I'm hoping their heads are down.
The line has actually moved in Indiana's favor since it opened, so what they hey, here we go on the high payout:
Indiana 24 Iowa 23

No comments:

Blog Archive