Friday, September 7, 2007

Lockdown

Well, I took the lead in my picks pool last week going 7-3 in weekend college football action. Here are my locks for the weekend, one for each day. I am not responsible for your mortgage payment. Picking three favorites doesn't bode well.

Rutgers (-15.5) vs. Navy
Rutgers won at Navy 34-0 last year. Navy only beat Temple 30-19 last week, although they did out-yardage the Owls by 166 yards.
The Scarlet Knights should be focused. This game is sandwiched between Buffalo and Norfolk St.
Rutgers 35 Navy 14

Nebraska (-8) at Wake Forest
Nebraska won 31-3 in ’05 meeting, but game was closer than the score (3 defensive TDs on turnovers) and the drop off from injured Wake QB Riley Skinner to Brett Hodges may not be too much.
But Nebraska looked scary good against Nevada, and the Wake defense against an overrated BC squad? Not so much.
Nebraska 41 Wake Forest 21

Dallas (-6) vs. N.Y. Giants
I think Dallas is the most overrated team in the league. This is how little I think of the Giants.
The last two between have been high-scoring affairs, but I foresee defense playing a bigger role in this game. I don’t know how the Giants are going to move the ball without Tiki, who clearly knows everything.
If it matters, I’m going against a trend of the Giants covering in their last three trips to Dallas.
Dallas 20 N.Y. Giants 6

Upset Special
N.C. State (+14.5) at Boston College
Yes, they lost to C. Florida. Yes, they lost Toney Baker and Anthony Hill for the season. But I love former coaches taking on their old team.
Tom O’Brien returns to Alumni Stadium wearing Wolfpack Red, with a team that edged a much better B.C. team on a 34-yd TD pass with eight seconds left last year.
N.C. State’s rush defense got gouged last week, but running the ball is not exactly the Eagles strength.
N.C. State 27 Boston College 24

--Nate Sandstrom

No comments:

Blog Archive